Lifehack - Pick a lock for your home

Just a few days ago, I had learned something new in my life.

This is a good hack, especially for the home.

Consider this is illegal, but if I can save a life, why not?




My daughter accidentally locked the door from inside, thinking someone is in the room. The aircon and air diffuser are running in there because wifey is sick and needed to rest. Therefore, I decided to make the room cosy for her first.

I decided not to blame her for a long period of time as I am trying to keep myself cool - of course, she was reprimanded for a short while.

We cannot find the keys because I remembered that I accidentally place it in the cupboard inside the room.



Knowing that the door was locked, there are 2 options for me.
- call my locksmith friend
- or pick a lock myself.

Understand that this is not a difficult lock, I decided to do it myself so I can save some buck.

Since I watched such video before, this is the time to get into practice.

The initial stage:
Tried using a credit card or a thin card is useless because the door is shut tightly, therefore, there is no gap to push it in.

I decided to get 2 paper clips to do it, as I was taught from the video before.




Refrain using a paper clip that was coated with colour because the metal is too soft to handle it.

Luckily I have a metal small paper clip that is commonly used in school. The metal is tougher.


Follow the video segment closely and you be through.

The reason I took a long time because I did not use more strength to turn the key insert after all the teeth in the keyhole is set in. There should not be any bouncing sound when they are in place.


And there, I saved my money by calling a locksmith.

Do not attempt to use this method by entering a prohibited place, forcefully entry to commit a crime.

This is purely my own home.

The video for you:

How lock work:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally getting the thing done up!

Jiak Tok

Praying to Tai Sui