Why I go to wet market?

Location: Yuhua Place, Jurong East Ave 1, BLk 347

I have not been here for more than 10 times despite coming here during my school days after my Saturday ECA session.


(Forgotten to take photo)

Good food that I ate:
Sungei laksa - Top Singapore food - If you love light gravy, this is it. If not, this is not for you.
Carrot cake/ Chee Cheong Fun - I like hot food, yummy.
Peng Kuey - If you like Soon Kuey and Peng Kuey, this is the place you should try it.

It is a pity that wet market is not as popular as like before. Despite there are a number of empty stalls, you will still be able to get what you want.

They look more fresh than those pack in the packet in the supermarket.

As you are buying grocery from wet market, please remember to bring a long your cash, they do not accept paywave or give you link point.

This is so old days that has never change before. I love it!



Health is number one concern in our country, so people will tend to look out for healthier choice than get themselves into kitchen mess - hot and oily feeling!

But, if you care more for your family eating habit, you will start to cook on your own by ensuring there are no overload of sugar, salt, oil and etc. You are in your own control!

This is one of the reason why I enjoy marketing with my wife.

Youngsters, you should start to go to market and get more fresh vegetable and cook your own meal, at least once or twice a week.



While cooking is tiring, you will smile when everyone is enjoying their meal happily.

Even though I see a number of older stall holders, I do notice there are quite a number of young stall holder coming out and do as well. I often see it at Bukit Batok area.




This is how a typical wet market look like in the past - Old Tiong Bahru market.

Everywhere is wet and the pavement is dirty....we have a lot of wet market all over the place, but are you still the one who frequent to wet market and cook a meal for family?

Take a look of this link provided by Mothership 

Image credit: mothership

I will not forget this scenario. I remember buying chew kuey during raining season and the road are so wet and slippery! This is the kind of memory I will never forget and how things has change over the time.

For this weekend onward, go to wet market and buy some grocery from the stall holders. Let your kids have the experience as well.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally getting the thing done up!

Jiak Tok

Praying to Tai Sui